DRESSES

Thursday, June 21, 2012

We love Japan

We had an 8-days holiday in Japan, covering bit here and there of Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo.
It’s hard to visit Japan and not to love this unique country of more than 3,000 islands.

I don’t think there is any single word that can describe the place as a whole. But if somebody put a gun in my head and force me to do so, my word choice would be :

ORDER

And if I am given the luxury to blurt out words to describe the place and people of Japan, they would be the below words in no particular order :

- PRACTICAL
- EFFICIENT
- COMPACT
- SYSTEM
- COURTESY
- CUTE
- STYLISH
- PRECISE
- PERFECTIONIST
- SPECIFIC
- TIME KEEPER
- TRADITION
- HOSPITALITY
- TECHNOLOGY
- A+ PUBLIC TOILETS

It is a beautiful and ‘weird’ country, indeed a must visit destination. I wouldn’t be surprise if one day I wake up in the morning and news travel to me that the Japanese are not human but they are actually programmed robots! They’re too defined in whatever they do.

As though all words to describe Japan are the positive adjectives, I do have my displeasure. My only complaint was sometimes my sensitive nose could detect unpleasant surrounding smell every now and then. My guess would be, with all the underground drain and sewer system plus multilevel subways that keeps on gushing powered wind from the train rush, some stinky smell couldn’t be avoided.

Just my presumption.

I hope I’ll be able to write more about this trip that I did enjoy so much the company of one of my closest cousins, Feby whom is more like a sister to me.

There were a lot of laughter due to our silliness to cope with Japan amusing orderly systems and whine of how much sore we had on our feet that we walked too much, sore on our back that our backpacks weight are almost killing us.

~ Order ~
Inari Shrine
photo courtesy of : Isao Nagashima San

No comments: